From Helderberg Hilltowns of Albany County, NY
- The Altamont Enterprise, Altamont, New York, has been published weekly since 1884. It is the newspaper of record for the towns of Guilderland and New Scotland, and the hill towns of Berne, Knox, Westerlo, and Rensselaerville.
- Altamont Enterprise archives - an incredible resource for news of Albany County residents since July 1888.
- The archives has digital images of the Knowersville Enterprise from July 1884-July 1888 and the Altamont Enterprise from July 1888-December 2008
- The digitization of this collection was coordinated by the Guilderland Public Library. The original newspapers are owned by the Altamont Enterprise and Albany County Post and were microfilmed by the New York State Newspaper Project and the New York State Library.
- The Altamont Enterprise has given Helderberg Hilltowns permission to post re-prints of Enterprise articles as long as the source is included.
- Tips for using archives of Online Newspapers