West Mountain Methodist Episcopal Church Cemetery
The West Mountain Methodist Episcopal Church Cemetery is located on West Mountain on Sickle Hill Road halfway between the intersections of High Point Road and Beaver Road. It is on the north side of the ruins of the dilapidated West Mountain Methodist Episcopal Church. It is near the boundaries of the Partridge Run NYS Wildlife Management Area.
The earliest stone in the West Mountain Methodist Episcopal Church Cemetery is dated 1816. The adjoining West Mountain Methodist Episcopal Church flourished during the second half of the 19th century. The cemetery was not used after 1900.
80 by 55 feet. Partially fenced by stone wall in fair condition. Some stones have slid off. 43 stones.
This abandoned cemetery is now owned and annually maintained by the Town of Berne. Records in the Berne Town Hall. The adjoining church ruins are on private land of (1984) Daniel Williams, 185 26th St., Copiagne, NY 11726.
43 stones have been transcribed and posted along with photos of the stones on the Berne Historical Project site.