West Berne School

From Albany Hilltowns
Jump to: navigation, search
Just across the bridge going up the hill on the left on Bradt Hollow Rd.

From the booklet, Booklet Knox, New York Sesquicentennial, 1822-1972

District No. I5 was located at West Berne according to Mrs. Frances Mattice. In the late 1800's, Conger Wilson and Charles Becker were teachers in the district, and the trustee was Jerome Becker. Clyde Ball taught in the district in 1910, 1914, and 1915 at a weekly salary of $12.50. Issac Waldron was a trustee, and B. Schoonmaker was the trustee during 1914-1915. Ruth Scrafford Hagler and Jennie Becker taught in the years between 1923 and 1926. Other teachers include: William and Edward Haverly, followed by Jennie and Burr Zimmer, Lillian Cornell, Helen Schoolcraft, Ann Ball, Mabel Weidman, Miss Gleason, and Llewllyn Turner.