West Berne Methodist Church
The West Berne Methodist Episcopal Church was built in 1879 by the carpenter, George Wolford on land donated by John Jost Becker. This church reached its high point of activity from about 1908 to 1914. During the 20’s and 30´s there was a decline in the general population and church membership fell off. The last service was held in 1948 and the building was taken down about 1960.
“It is unfortunate that with the passing of time the records of these congregations and their accomplishments have been lost.” Euretha Wolford Stapleton, former Town Historian