The William Winans House
From Albany Hilltowns
1578 Helderberg Trail
- 1860-1870 probably built by William Winans (1791 - a. 1870) who owned a property valued as $1500 in 1860 and $5000 in 1870. His wife had died by 1870 and his daughter Fannie and her husband John Spawn (1837 - a. 1870) were living with him.
- < 1880 William Winans had apparently left the house to his dau. Fannie whose husband died before 1880 when she was living in the house as a widow with an adopted 16 year old son Alex Salisburg.
- > 1880 Fannie became the third wife of Abram Hatfield Onderdonk (1803-1887)
- 1887 Fannie was widowed for the second time.
- 1899 Ellery Willes Deitz (1858 - 1914) and his wife Carrie E. Warner (1858 - 1939) were given a deed to the house by Fannie Onderdonk ( 1831 - 1914) in return for caring for her in the house for the rest of her life.
- 1939 Frederick N. Deitz (1887 - 1950) and his wife Theodora (Dora) N. Haverly (1889 - 1962) lived at the Jug Street house from until late 1961 when Dora got sick and moved in with son Franklin S. Deitz (1913 - 1996) at Lawyersville, Schoharie County parsonage where Dora died.
- Raymond Shultes (1909 - 1983) and Charlotte Blodgett Shultes (1914 - 2000) bought the house from Fred. (There may have been a Frederick W Carl between Fred Deitz and Raymond Shultes).
- 1987 - Franklin J. House III (ca. 1972 - 2006) and Jemma A (Blythe), his wife.
- 2005 - Joann P. Lobao, the current owner.