The Giles Gallup House
From Albany Hilltowns
Giles Gallup House: 1105 Helderberg Trail
- 1854 map of Berne shows Giles Gallup (1824-1912), son of Samuel H. Gallup, living in a house on the site of what is now 1105 Helderberg Trail.
- 1866 Beers map of Berne shows H. Samuel living in the house where Giles Gallup had lived in 1854. Nothing is known about him. Perhaps this is Samuel H. Gallup? The present house was probably built after 1866.
- 1930’s Clyde A. Dyer, Supervisor of the Town of Berne lived here.
- 1950's Roland Heacox owned the house on the site where Giles Gallup lived in 1854. The present house was probably built after 1866.
- Present - Wayne Emory is currently living at 1105 Helderberg Trail.