Thayers Corner's was settled by Robert Wilson, a revolutionary soldier who build a large structure that was used as a public hall, hotel and tavern before it was destroyed by fire. The hamlet though took its name, however, from a lawyer, Amasa Thayer, who came to Westerlo Center in the 1820's from the Boston area. Amasa became so prominent through his legal, civil activities and property holdings that eventually residents there preferred the name Thayer's Corners over Westerlo Center and it continues to be called that to this day.
Early residents of Thayer's Corners were members of the Ingalls, Winegard, Atkins, Reynolds, Wiltsey, Lockwood and Hanes families.
This section will have the history of each business beginning from its establishment, through various ownerships and name changes. Pictures may be used provided you have authority to post them.
Hotels, Inns, Taverns, and Resorts
Sawmills and Feedmills
This section is for scenic photos and post cards of the hamlet. Photos of people and families should be posted on biography or family pages.