Sayre District

From Albany Hilltowns
Jump to: navigation, search

The Sayre District was a name for Rensselaerville District School No. 3 in Rensselaerville at the corner of Fox Creek and Sayre Rd. It closed in 1948.[1].

The Sayre School, a one room school in the hamlet of Medusa, served students from about 1885 to 1951. Pearl Haskins was a teacher at the school. [2]


Sources

  1. People Made It Happen Here, History of the Town of Rensselaerville ca. 1788-1950, Published 1977
  2. Altamont Enterprise article on the Sayre School, July 1, 2010