Weidman, Reuben L.
For a number of years he was engaged in the grocery business at Gallupville. He was also in the employ of D. Weidman & Sons as a traveling salesman. Shortly before the death of his uncle, Daniel, Reubin was admitted to the firm which was located in Albany
Marriage & Children
Reuben married on October 4, 1870, Helena Hunting, a daughter of John Hunting and Christina Dominick. They had one child, Caroline who was born on December 26, 1871 and died on November 9, 1942.
|Name:||Reuben L. Weidman|
|Residence:||Town of Wright, Schoharie, NY|
|Enlistment Date:||Aug. 17, 1864  |
|Enlistment Place:||Town of Wright, Schoharie, NY |
|State Served:||New York|
|Company:||Co. ICompany U |
|Muster Out Date:||8 May 1865 |
|Muster Out Place:||Hart's Island, NY Harbor, NY|
|Additional Remarks: Enlisted at the age of 16|
|Sources Used: Ancestry.com Military databases, Annual Report of the Adjutant General of the State of New York for the year 1894|
Additional Research Notes
Reuben Weidman is a descendant of Jacob Weidman, of Switzerland, who was one of the first settlers in Berne, Albany county, N.Y., where he built the first house, the town being named after his native city, Berne, Switzerland. He also built a saw and flouring mill at what was long known as Weidman’s Mills. Jacob Weidman was the father of one son, Felix, who was the father of Daniel, Jacob, Paul and Felix. All these four generations lived in Berne.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Hilltowns Genealogy, Berne Historical Project
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Landmarks of Albany County, NY, Edited by Amasa J. Parker, Albany, NY
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Berne NY Family files, www.bernehistory.org
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Bruce Chappel, family researcher
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Annual Report of the Adjutant-General
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 Ancestry Military Databases
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 New York State War Museum