Rensselaerville District School No. 08
There were two Rensselaerville District School No. 8 schools. The first was situated on Lot 249 in the hamlet of Rensselaerville. The original structure was built between 1801-1806 on land given to the hamlet by Stephen Van Rensselaer III from that previously leased to Hans Winegar. In 1830, It was torn down and replaced by a brick building. It was later converted into a residence after 1900..
- 1904-05 The school was listed as a joint district with Schoharie County.
- 1920-21 District #8 was not under the jurisdiction of the District Superintendent.