From Albany Hilltowns
- ~1740 this land was presumably homesteaded by Anthony Engel, from Germany, who would have been a squatter as was everyone else in Beaver Dam.
- Ball, Henry Lease of farm at Beaver Dam, 53 acres. September 12, 1774. [Lot 613]
(Rensselaerwyck Manor Papers SC7079)
- 1787 Peter Engel, son of Anthony, leased lot 613 from Stephen Van Rensselaer.
- 1854 map of Berne shows P. Engle living in a house on this location. That was Philip Engle, who perhaps built the oldest part of the house (right wing), in the early 19th Century.
- 1866 Beers map of Berne shows an unidentified F. M. S. living in the house
- Current owners: Russell and Wilma Krouse 30 Blue Farmer Lane