From Albany Hilltowns
For the location of this lot click on 1787 map of Berne. 58 Messer Lane
- 1787 map of Berne shows Grid shaped lot of 171 ac.
- 1792 - John Hart leased this lot on Ravine Road, West Mountain. He was born between 1760 and 1770.. In 1809 he married Elizabeth Cribel. (In 1845 a John Hart was leasing the east part of Lot 524.)
- 1837 - Lawrence Dearstyne, (1766-say 1848) son of John, leased this lot on Ravine Road, West Mountain. His father's farm was a mile or so to the south on Lot 426.
- 1848 - Henry L. Dearstyne (1812-1876) son of Lawrence, who had presumably died, leased this lot.
- 1866 Beers map of Berne shows Henry L. Dearstyne still living here. On adjoining Lot 450 was Christian Swart who married Catherine Dearstyne, Henry's sister.
- 1876 - Henry presumably lived here until his death.
- 1911 - It is unknown when or how Adam Messer (ca. 1887- ) son of George, came into possession of this property.
- 2003 - This property was in very bad condition with a number of apparently abandoned trailers and numerous vehicles scattered around.