From Albany Hilltowns
For the location of this lot in the Switzkill Valley click on 1787 map of Berne.
- 1787 – Wm. Cockburn survey map shows this as a ___ ac. lot
- 1787- Initially settled by Pierre Jean DuPont, 1787.
- 1788 May 17, Peter J. Depong, at Beaver Dam (Berne), leased lot no. 430, containing 168 acres from the Patroon (Rensselearwyck, West Manor Ledger A, p93).
- 1790 census of Rensselaerville, Peter J. Dupong was listed with this son, wife and three of his daughters.
- 1800 Bern, Peter J. DePung 
- 1813 Peter sold to Adam A. Deitz. Adam Deitz sold to Michael Woolweaver.
- 1841 Joseph A Dietz south part to Samuel Onderdonk
- 1852 Harmon Shufelt & Isaac Dietz 1856 Peter Shufelt & Alphenus Crocker leased this lot. (this one was confusing, dates & renters may be mixed up a bit)
- 1854 – map of Berne shows 
- 1866 – map of Berne shows P.Warner, J.Shufeldt, Rev. D.P.Warner, J.Gifford. 
- 1787 map of Berne
- "Rensselaerwyck Manor (NY), Records 1574-1870." NY State Library, Albany NY: microfilm MA/FM 974.74 V36 99-18511. Reel 4: West Manor Rent Ledger A
- 1790 Rensselaerville, Albany Co, NY, (M637-6), p189, ln20, Peter J. Dupong, 1-1-4.
- 1800 Bern, Albany Co, NY, (M32-22), p72, ln25, Peter J. DePung, 00001-01101.
- Van Rensselaer lease records summary compiled by Bertha Mattuck from Van Rensselaer Manor records at the NYS Archives
- 1854 map of Berne
- 1866 Beers map of Berne