Knox School District No. 11

From Albany Hilltowns
Jump to: navigation, search

From the booklet, Booklet Knox, New York Sesquicentennial, 1822-1972

District No. 11 is located on the Knox-Delanson Road, near the intersection of West Wind Road. In 1886, there were 47 children of school age in the district, 37 were enrolled and their average daily attendance was 13. The school and site were valued at $500. The value of the 75 volume library was placed at $40. In 1930, high school students of the district were sent to Delanson Union Free School, now part of the Duanesburg Central School System. Elmer Phillips bought the school and converted it into a dwelling.