In addition to the large public Knox Cemetery, there are numerous small family burial grounds in Knox.
Transcriptions of stones
Records of early burial places on the farms in the town of Knox, N.Y. Compiled by WILLIAM A. BRINKMAN, HISTORIAN, Town of Guilderland, Altamont NY RD1, 1940. Records can be down loaded from the following link: File:Knox burial records (misc.).doc
List of Cemeteries and Burial Grounds
from a list compiled by Larry Jackson using 1940 list by William Brinkman
- Armstrong Family Burying Ground - on the Armstrong farm homestead on Knox Cave
- Barckley Family Burying Ground
- Bassler Family Burying Ground - on Lot 644 at the end of Hill & Dale Rd. Family of Frederick Bassler b. 1712 is buried there. Field stone markers were unreadable and perhaps can no longer be located.
- Linus Bassler Burial Ground
- Brunk Farm Burying Ground
- Cornell Family Burying Ground
- Eldridge Farm Burying Ground - On the Jacob Eldridge place, west of the house, on the north side of the road in the woods.
- Elsass Cemetery - on Rte 156A.
- Finch Family Burying Ground
- Frink Cemetery on Gibbs Lane, Know Warners Lake Road-
- Groat Family Burying Ground
- High Point Cemetery (Also known as Whipple Cemetery) - 408 Old Stage Road. (Tax Map #47.00-2-40)
- Christopher Keenholts Farm Burying Ground - about 200’ west of the house on the old Keenholts Farm.
- Old Knox Cemetery - Berne - Altamont Rd (Tax Map #57.00-2-26)
- Knox Cemetery - Located in the hamlet of Knox on Rt 156 (Tax Map #57.00-3-19)
- Billisbie Lawyer Farm Burying Ground
- Lee’s Church Cemetery, also known as the Methodist Episcopal Church Cemetery - on the corner of Knox Cave Road and Beebe Rd
- Lewis Farm Burying Ground - west of Lee’s Church on the east side of Merrill Baker’s stone wall fence on a knoll north of the highway.
- Barent Lewis Farm Burying Ground
- No. 13
- Orlup Family Burying Ground
- Ostrander Family Burying Ground - south of the Bozenkill Creek
- Quackenbush Farm Burying Ground
- Quay Road Cemetery
- Saddlemire Family Burying Ground
- Schoonmaker Family Burying Ground
- Snyder Farm Burying Ground - In the Bozenkill hollow road leading to Lee’s Church and west of George Williamson house.
- VanAuken Family Burying Ground
- Wilber Farm Burying Ground
- Williams Family Burying Ground - one half mile north of the hamlet of Knox.
- Williamson Farm Burying Ground - On Gage Farm northeast of Lee’s Church and about 400’ north of the road leading to Bozenkill Hollow on the north side of this road about 400’ and on the west side of a ravine west of the old red house
- Wolford Family Burying Ground
- Jonathan D. Wood Family Burying Ground