The foundry of Henry Felter was the largest in the history of Rensselaerville built in 1884 and located below the Rensselaerville Episcopal Church. At the foundry, they manufacturing plows. Around 1900, Felter sold his patent to the Syracuse Plow Works and closed down. Jerome Bouton later bought the foundry and turned it into a carpenter shop. In the 1930's John Baitsholts and Stanley Bennett made it over into a tearoom for Blackburn and Robinson called Carpenter Shop Tea Room..
- People Made It Happen Here, History of the Town of Rensselaerville ca. 1788-1950, Published 1977