From Albany Hilltowns
Jump to: navigation, search
Photo Courtesy Rensselaerville Historical Society

Willard Parker Elsbree and his brother-in-law, Warren S. Purington started the store in Preston Hollow April 12, 1876, in 1893 a new store was built next to the old one. Purington eventually left and decided to go into business in Syracuse. In the early 1900' there was a telephone line between Oak Hill and Middleburg and the switchboard was in Elsbree's store.[1].


  1. People Made It Happen Here, History of the Town of Rensselaerville ca. 1788-1950, Published 1977