Berne Historical Project
From Albany Hilltowns
Revision as of 09:42, 19 June 2010 by Halned
The Berne Historical Project began in 2001 as a means of sharing on the Internet the history and genealogy of the people of Berne, NY. It is a volunteer effort that offers an amazing amount of information for historians and genealogists alike.
- Hilltowns Genealogy, originally conceived to be a comprehensive genealogy of all Berne families, is being expanded to include all families that lived in the Hilltowns of western Albany County, i.e. Berne, Knox, Westerlo, and Rensselarville. It has the names of over 80 thousand people and shows how they are related, andcestors, and descendants.
- Cemeteries - Lists all know cemeteries and family burying grounds in the Town of Berne, with location, description, transcription of stones, and photos for many of them.
- Census - transcribed census records for 1790 Rensselaerville, which included all of the Hilltowns, 1800 Berne which included Knox, plus many federal and state census records from 1840 through 1925.
- Churches - has information on all known churches in Berne from the time of settlement.
- Local history of Berne.
- Early maps of Berne
- Military history of Berne
- Vital Records including wills, baptism records, etc.