Marriage & Children
They had two son:
- Channing Barkman (B. March 1, 1895, D. unk) Known as Channy.
- Wallace A. Barkman (B. abt 1902, D. after August 22, 1930)
Adelbert was a farmer like his father throughout his life.
In 1900, Adelbert can be found living in Rensselaerville with his young family next to his parents. A decade later, he had moved to Broome, Schoharie County, NY, where he was farming a rented property. Living with the family was John Mattice, who was working as a hired man and probably was related to his wife Caroline. By 1920, the family had returned to Rensselaerville, where they were living on Crystal Lake Road. Living next door were Omer Delos Barkman and Elise Barkman, a widow who was the wife of Richard Barkman. In about 1925, Adelbert's youngest son Wallace A. Barkman had married a woman named Violet. In the 1930 Census, Adelbert was still living in Rensselaerville with his wife and eldest son Channing Barkman. His married son Wallace was living next door. Several months later, in June of 1930 Adelbert's youngest son Wallace developed cancer and his leg had to be amputated at Albany Hospital. Wallace would ultimately die as a result.
Adelbert Barkman died on August 29, 1940 in Rensselaerville. It is not known where he was buried or when his wife Caroline died.
Additional Research Notes
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Bernehistory.org
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 1900 US Census, Rensselaerville, Albany Co, NY
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 1910 US Census, Broome, Schoharie Co, NY
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 1920 US Census, Rensselaerville, Albany Co, NY
- ↑ Channing Barkman's WWI Draft Registration Card, Ancestry.com
- ↑ Altamont Enterprise Friday Aug 22, 1930, page 8 Rensselaerville column
- ↑ US Censuses
- ↑ 1930 US Census, Rensselaerville, Albany Co, NY
- ↑ Altamont Enterprise Friday July 18, 1930, page 7 Rensselaerville column
- ↑ Family Memories