Henry Barckley was born in Guilderland 1812 to Evert and Gertrude Waldron Barckley. His paternal family which was German in origin had settled in Guilderland several generations previously.
As a young man, Henry learned the blacksmith trade. Later he moved to a farm in Knox and there while farming he also opened a general store. In addition he was the local postmaster as well as holding various political posts including Town Clerk and Town Supervisor.
Marriage & Children
- Edward Livingston Barckley (B. June 9, 1842, D. Oct 3, 1905)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Reynolds, Cuyler, Hudson-Mohawk Genealogical and Family Memoirs, Lewis Historical Publishing Company, NY 1911 page 1605-6, Ancestry.com
- ↑ Gazetteer and Business Directory of Albany and Schenectady Co., NY for 1870-71 by Hamilton Child
- ↑ United States Official Postal Guide by United States Post Office Department, Published 1851 page 138, Google books
- ↑ Keating, Robert, Carnival of Blood: The Civil War Ordeal of the Seventh New York Heavy Artillery, Published by Butternut and Blue, Baltimore, Md 1998
- ↑ Clark, Rufus Wheelwright, "Heroes of Albany; A memorial of the Patriot-martyrs of the City and County", 1867
- ↑ Knox Cemetery Records