Ball, John Peter 1834
John Peter Ball married Jerusha Dearstyne b-Nov. 23, 1836 d-Aug. 9, 1869, about 1857 in the Town of Berne. Her parents were Henry L. Dearstyne and Mary Acker. They had the following children:
- Ida M. Ball-b. 1858-d.unknown.
- Ada Ball -b. ABT 1860- d. ABT early 1950s. She married Estes Cartwright (c. 1859-1910) ABT 1882. Ada Cartwright and husband Estes were both studio photographers. They had no children. They lived in Owego, Tioga County, NY.
- Ella Ball-b. ABT 1867 in Town of Berne, Albany, NY.-d.after 1910.
John Peter Ball married second wife, Susan (Susie) A.(b. ABT May 1851-d.BET 1910-1930) BEF Jun 1870 at Town of Berne, Albany, NY. They had the following children:
- Fred N. Ball-b. ABT 1871 - d.AFT 1910. He married Ada L. Whitehead ABT 1885 at/of MS. He lived next to brother-in - law Sherwood Whitehead.
- Anna Maud Ball-b. 1875-d. 1951. She married Calvin Augustus Michener (b.1844-d.AFT 1910) on 23 Apr 1905 at Brooklyn, NY. He was a Civil War vet. His sword is on display at the Ten Rooms of History at Berne, NY. She was buried at Woodlawn Cemetery, Berne, Albany, NY.
- Nellie L. Ball -b. ABT 1877 -d.Unknown. She married Sherwood L. Whitehead at Brookhaven, Lincoln, MS in 1895. They had three children: Sherwood L., Edna, and John T.
John Peter Ball died December 14, 1905 at Garden City, MS.