The AlbanyHilltowns.com Wiki site uses MediaWiki software allowing anyone with information to create pages, upload content as well as expand and edit existing pages. It was created in December 2008 through the idea of Harold 'Hal' Miller, a native of Berne, New York and the coordinator of the Hilltowns Genealogy for the Berne Historical Project and is growing daily. The original goal of this site was to provide a one place study for the Albany County Hilltowns of Rensselaerville, Berne, Knox, and Westerlo. In Dec. 2009 the Goals of the site were expanded. They are now:
- Promote the study and dissemination of the history of the Helderberg Hilltowns and the genealogy of the people who live there.
- Historic building preservation in the hamlets and countryside of the hill towns.
- Preservation of the farmland and scenic beauty of the hill towns.
- Promote farms and farm activities.
- Economic development of the Hilltown economy.
In March, 2010 the name of the site was changed from Albany Hilltowns to Helderberg Hilltowns.
We welcome you to our site and encourage you to contribute by editing existing pages and adding new ones.